1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All purpose NBA Championship thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Almost_Famous, Jun 20, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Re: Weigh in on the suckitude of the Miami Heat

Can I vote for A and C?

What a contemptible team. Oh well at least Kobe didn't win.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

E... fuck em all -- from Payton on down

3. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

Tie between Payton, Williams and Michael Doleac.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

A, no ifs, ands, buts or maybes.

I actually like Zo post kidney-transplant.

Although B is a very close second.

5. Hoo

Hoo Active Member

Re: Where will this Dallas Mavericks choke job rank?

No, Salter was off-camera asking her questions. Shaq kissed his wife.

"First of all," Wade just wants to thank God. Blech.

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

A HUGE vote for D.

Posted on the other thread, but more appropriate for here:

I used to really respect Mourning, I thought he was a warrior on the court. Especially after the kidney issues. But yeah, the way he enginerred his return to Miami was bush league.

It's a weird Miami team. This is definitely one of the more odious collections of malcontents and A-holes in recent championship history. To recap:

For those not seduced by his jokes, Shaq was indeed a selfish jerk in both LA and Orlando, leading to his exit in both places.

J-Will . . . . not much needs to be said.

Gary Payton . . . ditto.

Antoine Walker, who most say is not a bad person, on the court you have your power forward jacking up treys.

Mourning, see above.

Wade . . . yes, I read SI's recent verbal blowjob of him, but the way he got calls this series was pretty distasteful. Not his fault, to be sure.

No, I didn't care who won, in the end. Went in wanting Shaq to not win it as a Laker fan who has always seen through his BS, but honestly Miami earned it. And after that epic Game 3 chokejob, I felt Dallas would not win another game.

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Not sure I've ever seen a series turn to quickly and so definitively without a major injury. Dallas went from total domination, up 2-0 and well on the way to 3-0 to out in 6 games. Pretty amazing.

And, I've come around to Hole's way of thinking on this one. This was an expertly officiated series. Particularly in relation to Dwyane Wade. I think he's better than LeBron. Pho-real. For Real.

8. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

now that karl malone has retired, I've got a modified version of my old Utah Jazz law.
    It goes, "Mark Cuban must never win a ring."

Mourning and Wade winning rings makes up for how I didn't want Antoine Walker, Payton or Jason Williams to win one.

9. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Shaq's missing from the list.

He gets my vote.

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Suckitude? They chased down every loose ball and played their butts off. The Paytons and Mournings (and O'Neals) also finally got it through their thick skulls that if they were going to win a title, it was going to be because Wade got the glory while they did the cleanup. Plus, Wade is as likeable a superstar as they come. And I'm not just saying that because he's an alum of the high school my taxes help pay for, nor because my wife once had a very pleasant conversation with his mother while waiting in line at the UPS Store on Cicero Avenue in Oak Lawn, Ill. (She was shipping all his trophies to Miami.)

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's because you don't live within a few hours of Jersey.

Those of us who do recognize Zo as the biggest, most ingrateful asshole on earth. Or at least in sports. Or at least in basketball.

12. KP

KP Active Member

Thanks, that was what I was hoping, I had only seen the top of Salter's head the entire interview.

Draft saved Draft deleted