1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose NASCAR thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Aug 9, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

surprise.... ;)

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

<<sniff sniff>>

:eek:

:-X

3. Hustle

Hustle Guest

A punch to the gut would have worked...

I happened to tune into the melee on radio (took a break from the family picnic). The whole thing reminded me of some (nearly) instant karma, since Harvick rammed Pruett at Montreal.

4. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

So say
    So sayeth Slappy, who has had ... 14,292 (and counting) in his lifetime ... :)

5. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I wish Harvick would figure out just who the hell he is. Is he a good guy, a great face for Shell? Or is he too quick to point fingers at the other drivers and is a jackass in general, afraid of losing sponsors or getting suspended or slapped on the wrist? I would've laughed my ass off/gained respect for JPM had he busted out the black belt on #29.

At least Tony Stewart all but admits he can be an asshole and is a much better quote.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The latter. I won't soon forget the way in which he treated a colleague of mine at a previous stop for a scheduled interview. Not a postrace presser after wrecking or finishing 35th. An interview for a story scheduled well in advance.

I can still hear my friend mutter "prick" at the mere mention of his name. Not the kind of guy who carries a grudge, either.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Actually, I have a pro-Harvick story.

I picked up one story for our preseason racing section one year a couple years ago. Harvick was supposed to call me on his lunch break during testing. So I figure he's already going to be crazy pissed because he only has an hour out of the car and who the hell is this chick who's taking his time? Well, he didn't call. I was in contact with the PR guy, who told me that Kevin had gotten in late, was stranded in the Greensboro airport or something for several hours, etc. etc. etc. So I figure he'll be even MORE pissy when I finally get him.

Wrong. I got a good 15 minutes, he joked and told embarrassing stories, and was all-around fantastic.

I've also seen bad Kevin Harvick...but he's a lot like Stewart in the 'if he's on, he's on' category.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yeah, the Kyle Busch jersey isn't at all cheesy.

9. Hustle

Hustle Guest

I wonder if Ryan Hoag is bothered by that jersey...

Not that he'll be around in a month anyway.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I did like Joe's intro video. :)

11. Hustle

Hustle Guest

The single funniest thing about that presser: Kyle saying one of the reasons he chose Gibbs was for their great PR staff.

Not like he needs it. ::)

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Hahahaha I will guarantee you the PR guy for the 18 team is about to get a SHITLOAD more work, for the good and the bad.

Draft saved Draft deleted