1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose Madden '08 thread ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

The game came out some 30 minutes ago on the East Coast. We covered it (I mean I), going to the local GameStop, taking pictures and talking to people lining up to buy it (thought it was a cool feature).
    I talked myself out of buying it tonight. I value my sleep and I have to be tomorrow morning.

That said, I am pumped to use the Patriots, who will finally be a good video game team, and to try out Devin Hester and his 100 speed rating.

Anyone buy it yet?

EDIT: I'm an idiot and I'm tired. I intended to write '08, not '07

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Re: All-purpose Madden 07 thread ...

Bought Madden 07 this time last year. :D

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Yeah, yeah, whatever.

:D

:p

Have you played the game yet?

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

When will Madden be the one on the cover so his voice can go out for good.

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Do they actually let players get up to 100 now? In '07 and earlier versions, things maxed out at 99.

6. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Tecmo Bowl RULES!!!

7. pallister

pallister Guest

I prefer M Network football. The graphics were state of the art.

8. I know someone who got it after midnight. I was planning on it, but couldn't get out of the office.

I'll just pick it up before I head to work tomorrow.

9. Rhody has started two threads on Madden '08. I'm starting to think he enjoys video games.

10. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Well, in accordance to the board, I'm trying to put a journalistic one on the journalism one and a gameplay one on the anything goes board. If you could think of a better solution, I'd love to hear it.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I, for one, am glad you started it. I wasn't aware there was another one out there.

12. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

I hadn't bought an edition of Madden in several years, but I got it for the 360 today. Graphics and gameplay are amazing, but I was shocked to hear the "radio announcer" calling the game instead of Madden. What the hell is that? I think I'm just going to turn that crap off and listen to the sounds on the field instead.

Draft saved Draft deleted