1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Sabres are scary good.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

9-1 for the Sabres less than halfway through the 3rd. Esche is still in goal. ???

Men against boys.

It looks good on those gutless pukes from Philadelphia.

3. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Not much I can add on the Sabres-Flyers debacle, other than this is reason No. 23,353 that Buffalo should just stick with the oldies uniforms. Not to harp on it, seeing as how I started this thread with that thought, albeit weeks ago.

And yeah, wow the Sabres are good. Even if Philly is laying down.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Mike Richards's penalty shot - bad call by the way since the D-man got the puck first - was the worst one I have seen in some time.

5. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Sabs are going to go 82-0!!!
    Ok, not really, but damn they looked sharp tonight

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You know what? I was thinking the same thing. Brutal call. The d-man dove and touched the puck first.

Oh, and the number of people in Buffalo with electricity are still in the six figures

7. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Most high schools in the Buffalo and surrounding areas (Cheektowaga, Williamsville...etc) are closed all week. Prep sports are scrambling to get in games before the playoffs begin but everyone rallies around the Sabres.

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Mike Richards after tonight's whatever you call a 9-1 hockey game: “Typical Philadelphia Flyers hockey game there. We got behind the eight ball, we had a little bit of pressure on us, and we folded.”

9. Flash

Flash Guest

Anybody have Esche quotes? Tell me they're gold ... come on ... TSN went straight to That's Hockey and flashed back to the Patrick Roy Incident in Montreal. Has Esche played his last game for Philly?

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

YES! It's after midnight. Which means that later tonight, it's ...

The Evgeni Malkin Experience

delayed only by John fucking LeClair's sheer incompetence.

11. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

BTW, I know someone has mentioned it already, but the live games on Yahoo kick much ass when you're at work.

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Well, I don't think he'll get traded when the entire team collectively says, "It's not Esche's fault."

The Flyers need to fire Bobby Clarke immediately.

Draft saved Draft deleted