1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I have heard from a guy I know at TSN that Domi was pushed on the hockey guys by some executive type that knows Domi. Sounds like typical Tie....

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The one guy who's made the jump from player to credible journalist is Nick Kypreos.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Not sure what's tougher to believe here: Kypreos as a player or credible journalist. :)

He's no John Davidson that's for sure...

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, he's a better journalist than player. I mean, the guy has scooped TSN regularly on trade deadline stuff. He's a little rough around the edges and given time, he'll get even better.

Still, nothing was better than a Kypreos/Watters pissing match on sportsnet.

5. huntsie

huntsie Active Member

Let's give Domi and Campbell the benefit of the doubt and hope they get better. Maybe they should have started out in Moose Jaw, but they have "name" recognition and there's a curiousity factor in which people turn in to see how they do. The early answer is: Not very good. But it's still early.
    On the other hand, I like new CBC colour guy Drew Remenda, who they brought in from San Jose. He's solid and knows the game.

6. Zeek

Zeek Member

Haven't since this posted here yet. Colby Armstrong hit on Trevor Letowski...

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Kings STILL can't solve the Red Wings.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Ol' Trevor will skate with his head up from now on, eh?

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

As Terrance and Phillip said in reference to their friend Ugly Bob, his face looks like somebody tried to put out a forest fire with a screwdriver.

10. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I guess the Blackhawks' move to Colorado isn't working out, huh? :)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2629188

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Well, two teams in Denver would explain why both are having attendance issues.

Can ESPN be even more of a joke?

12. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Nice job by the Flyers tonight. They've held the Sabres to six ... in the second period.

Draft saved Draft deleted