1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Any game between two geographic and divisional rivals is usually pretty highly anticipated, but the first meeting of the season would be even more so.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I meant nothing by my post other than I was interested to see the Devs and Flyers match up. Gionta comes through again.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

So, Matts Sundin gets his 500th goal last night at home against Calgary.

In OT.

Shorthanded.

Hat trick.

Doesn't get any better than that.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I never have been much of a Sundin fan, but I do respect him for sticking it out with the ever-cursed Maple Leafs for all of these years. Congrats to him.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Fixed. :D

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Separated at birth? ;D

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Coming soon -- McCabe, Mats, Marie, Donny and Dr. Teeth! Tickets on sale now!!

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

So when exactly was the last time the Leafs made a cup final? ;)

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Oh, it's been a while. But making the final doesn't matter, winning it all does, and the last time I looked the tally was still Toronto 13 Edmonton 5. ;D

On another note, anybody see the shootout at the end of the Anaheim-Dallas game tonight? Ryan Shannon of Anaheim made a great spinnerama move on Marty Turco but Turco somehow made the save with the shaft of his goalie stick along the ice.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

And kudos to Cassie Campbell for breaking through an important barrier last night on "Hockey Night in Canada," the first woman to handle the colour commentary -- sorry, I guess they call it "analysis" now -- on a national NHL broadcast.

Toronto Star sports media column

Columnist Chris Zelkovich also slams his Star colleague Damien Cox and the other Toronto-based media who comprised 3/4 of the "TSN The Reporters" panel on Sunday morning.

CHANNEL SURFING, THE BAD: In many parts of Canada a certain sports network is known as "Toronto Sports Network" and yesterday's TSN The Reporters showed why. Three Toronto newspaper guys on the panel and the lead item was the previous night's Leafs game. There's life outside the GTA, guys.

The other two "Toronto newspaper guys," by the way, were Steve Simmons of the Sun and the David Naylor of the Globe and Mail.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Did Zelkovch just turn his TV on for the first time on Sunday morning. "The Reporters" have been on for years and Hodge, Simmons & Cox have all been mainstays.

And Beef, Sundin is one of the top ten players in the league.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, is this now the official hockey thread?

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Quite an acheivement but she was fucking awful on that game.

Draft saved Draft deleted