1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

It's pretty amazing to look back and see how big Game 1 was. Edmonton had Carolina dead in the water, but couldn't seal the deal. Add the Roloson injury and the brain cramp behind the net and you've got Carolina 1-0 instead of Edmonton 1-0. If the Oilers figure out a way to close that one out, there might never have been a Game 7.

Which would have sucked for me. ;D

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

It was kind of crazy, but I maintain that Jason Smith was just as responsible for the miscue behind the net as Ty Conklin. It's just easier to throw your back up goalie under the bus than it is your captain.

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I still maintain that was one of the most incredible finishes in championship/championship round history. If only because of how it came out of absolutely nowhere. And damned if the Oil didn't all but tie it up in the final seconds.

The radio call of it was pretty amazing. They played it pretty much all night as we were driving back from the game.

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I don't know. With all the equipment, the goalie is bound to be heavier. It also depends on how high up the bottom of the bus is.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

There's a report coming out of England that George Gillett, Canadiens owner, has put in a bid to take over Liverpool FC. He is the second person reported to be interested in buying the clud, the first being a group from Dubai.

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Have I missed an injury or a possible trade, or is yahoo just fucked up tonight? Box shows Johnson starting for Caps tonight in place of Kolzig.

7. ondeadline

Johnson is starting. And the Canes are up on him 2-0 10 minutes in.

First goal was a terrific backhand shot at close range by Brind'Amour.

8. ondeadline

MB, I think your big concern tonight might be Mr. DiPietro. :)

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Only if by big concern you mean the fact my GAA will be something like 19 with two days left in the week.

10. ondeadline

When I looked at the stat tracker a few minutes ago it was at 33.00. Not that I would rub it in.

11. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Wow.

-- You've got stattracker
    -- He didn't last as long as I thought.
    -- I'm sure my triumverate of doom will bring that down in short order.

Edit: And Marian Hossa just limped off with an injured knee. I was hoping my title defense would at least end in the playoffs.

12. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Wow. Well that would pretty much stoke my hatred of Liverpool into a white-hot fire. YOU HEAR THAT, REDDING???

Draft saved Draft deleted