1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

And I begin this one with a call to arms. This Bruin fan may not have a dog in the fight, but I can still stand up and demand better.

Screw the Buffaslug.

Check out this guy's redesign of the Sabres uniforms and wordmarks and go sign the petition to end the madness.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Not sure if I like the alternate jerseys, but I love the old look. Reminds me of when I had to get used to the Penguins' dove-looking triangle logo that never sat well with me. Just never quite seemed right. When they brought the skating Penguin back, all was right in the world again.

3. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Those uniforms are awful. What is going on in Buffalo?

4. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Yeah, I agree that the thirds aren't great, although the throwback-esque alternates are pretty hot.

5. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

I do like the throwbacks myself but come on really the sabres are going to blow this if they do these uniforms.

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Those jerseys (the yellow one, too) look fantastic.

7. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Wait, you mean the ones on the site? You think that they would be bad in comparison to the crap they're putting on this year? Are you fucking blind?

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Just glad to see the new hockey thread. The Olympics were great to see and cover, but that's so 2005-06 season.

Bring on the new season!

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If anybody's interested, I set up another SportsJournalists.com hockey league on yahoo.

League name: Son of SportsJournalists.com WHA League
    Password: moddyrules

It's set up as an autopick draft that will take place once the league is full.

10. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

However, it is not a league endorsed by the NIA alliance, so therefore, it's crap.

11. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Doesn't the "NIA alliance" have its own thread it can hang out at?

12. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

That just drove me to join the new league.

Draft saved Draft deleted