1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose college basketball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

KU's set to start in five minutes, which got me thinking about starting this. I'm guessing a weekly thread probably wouldn't work the same way as it does for football, so here goes.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Didn't we had a weekly thread last year? One during the week even, and one during the weekend every time out.

3. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Move over college football -- it's time for the real sport to get its own thread

* Albeit an exhibition, North Carolina beat Pfeiffer 140-101. Hansbrough led all scorers (surprise) with 24.

* Ohio State plays Loyola Chicago tonight. Anxious to see how the Buckeyes will do without Oden since he's out with a wrist injury.

* Georgetown, ranked 8th, beat Hartford by only 10.

* Davidson came close to upsetting Michigan. Dell Curry's kid Stephen, a freshman, scored 32 for the Wildcats.

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Hansbrough was an awesome player to watch in high school. His little brother was just as good without the height. I'm anxious to see how he plays this year. I think he's a freshman playing for one of the SEC teams, but I'm not positive.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The first score was no surprise. Pfeiffer has long been playing the Loyola-Marymount style of firing up shots about every 7-10 seconds. They've been bears in Division II for years with their frenetic pace, but they don't have the horses for Chapel Hill, obviously.

Bob McKillop will make wine out of water at Davidson again, apparently. Is it too surprising that Dell Curry's son is a scorer, too? ;)

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Maybe, I couldn't really remember. We could do a weekly one, sure.

7. Sxysprtswrtr

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Yes, he is... in person, too. I've been to just about every Missouri championship in football, basketball, wrestling, and track. I have been sitting on press row since I was five, I think. I never had more fun than when I was in high school and I was spending time with those football players, either in the hotel, or on the sidelines. It made me more boy crazy than just being a normal teenage girl.

I was working the championships when I saw Ben and Tyler play while I was in college. Not nearly as exciting when you're 4-7 years older than the players.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

KU is up 51-25 against Northern Arizona at halftime. Too bad I can't watch it.

10. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Fuckabuncha KU basketball, Oz. :D

11. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

'Cuse is off to a 2-0 start. [/looserfangirl]

12. Sxysprtswrtr

Yeah, and like always, they'll lose in the first round of the tournament.
    ---
    And how about Bobby Cremins' return to college basketball with a 72-66 win against Georgia State! I have a feeling he might get rather bored in Charleston, that or he'll get tired of being constantly compared to John Kresse.

Draft saved Draft deleted