1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Canadian Football weekend---Vanier Cup Saturday, Grey Cup on Sunday

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Nov 27, 2009.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Ditto. Let's go Riders! Except I don't think it'll really be close, I think Montreal's got it easily.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Watching. ;D ;D Thanks for the hook-up, Doc.

3. RickStain

I've got a good, working link too if anyone needs it. Just PM me.

Riders look good and pumped.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

FG good by Luca Congi -- Sask up 3-0.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

For those not watching, I'll try to do a bit of a running update.

After two possessions for each team, the Riders are up 3-0. Luca Congi missed a 42-yard field goal try on their first drive but was good the second time.

It totally looks like a Saskatchewan home game......the stands are filled with green. And the Riders are definitely controlling the play. Montreal has gone two and out on each of its first three possessions.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Ah, F_B is thinking like me. Good on ya! ;)

And, no, I don't think they roll out commercials like that up here. If they do, they're done without fanfare. But it seems like it'd be a no-brainer, considering it's the most-watched TV program up here every year, just like the Stupor Bowl is down there.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Regina city councillor Chris Szarka picks up a first down, hahaha!

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Total offence so far - 127-8 for the Riders.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Holy fuck - Anthony Calvillo fumbles on the first play of the series and it's the Riders' ball inside the 10-yard line......no, wait.......TOUCHDOWN!!!!!

10. RickStain

TD Riders!

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Andy Fantuz, one of those slow, white Canadians, with an eight-yard reception. And the kick is good - 10-0 Riders!

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Als finally get a first down and also get across midfield for the first time on the same play. Shitty kickoff following the touchdown gave them excellent field position. And now they're down to the 32-yard line as the first quarter ends.

Draft saved Draft deleted