1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All about the E-A-G-L-E-S

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by melock, Mar 15, 2007.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Re: Eagles get Kevin Curtis

Damn it, why would the Rams let him go?

2. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Money issue KY. Plus I'm sure they'll address it in the draft.

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Almost right WB. It's Gocong and he was a DE at Cal-Poly who they want to try at SAM. But I've been reading lately that they're thinking he might not be able to take the pounding there and instead keep him as their rush end. I'd be fine with that, but now you have six DEs (including McDougle) so that's why I think LB or secondary in the draft. Not a very deep draft for S after Landry and Nelson so I'm thinking they go LB first round, CB second round and S third round.

4. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I just hope the Eagles can land Corey Dillon and that should sure up their running back needs. The linebackers issue needs to be addressed as they just can't seem to stop the run when it gets past the D-Line. Considine needs to put on some muscle so Duece's cleat marks aren't on his back again. As far as the draft goes, knowing the Eagles, they will go OL, OL, OL. But who knows. They could surprise. I honestly see them drafting LB, S, RB. They never have drafted a good linebacker, or forget that, in my years as an Eagles fan, I cannot remember a solid linebacker corp on the team.

5. Re: Eagles get Kevin Curtis

Well, I'm glad to see someone is doing a little research on this thread ... saves me the trouble.

Good job, Melock. :D

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I like your thinking here.

I think they're OK for now with Gaither on the weakside, but they need to upgrade the SAM b/c Dhani is just terrible. He's gone as of June 1. Gocong would be better used as a rush end. I'm not sure Posluzsny is a strongside guy, but you know he won't be lacking effort. I could see them drafting another PSU linebacker, Tim Shaw, who had a great combine and a good career without getting much press behind Pos and Connor, a guy I would have loved to have seen come out early, but he certainly wouldn't have last until 26.

7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

No Dillon since they got Buckhalter. Dillon just wouldn't fit into that locker room at all.

I'm not sure the linebackers are that bad really except for Dhani. He's just awful. The problem is opposing's teams don't have to double any Eagle DL on run blocking so that frees two guys (including a TE) to take care of a linebacker. That's not a good matchup since the Eagles LB are usually smallish.

If they go OL in the draft I'll be shocked since everyone on the OL is locked up long-term except for Tra (Pantload) Thomas and Runyan. You have Justice and Jean-Gilles waiting in the wings when those guys leave assuming Jean-Gilles is the RG and Andrews slides out to RT. As far as RB I'd love to see them draft Tony Hunt. Big, big fan of his, except he fumbled quite a bit his last year at PSU.

8. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Right on there write to drink. I think they do value the position, but they haven't done a good job of evaluating the talent (or lack there of) they're bringing in. Jones is as good as gone. He'll be a June 1 cut. I like Gaither, but they're talking about moving him inside and he's damn small for that. I love the kid Willis from Ole Miss, but they're going to have to get up into the teens to get him. They did it for McDougle and Andrews so we'll see.

9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Done and done!

10. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Why can't they get Dillon, he is a power back that Buckhalter will never be. I won't be surprised if Buck tears his ACL again this year. Plus the contract they signed him to was a huge mistake, IMO. I was being sarcastic about drafting an OL, but the LB problem is the elephant that just took a shit in the room and now the FO is just starting to notice it. Dhani is a waste of talent and breath and Trotter is past his prime. Gogong could be good, but he is too undersized to play a true LB position. McCoy needs to add something to his frame. If they get Willis, that could help, but I don't see them moving up to get him. /sarcasm on If they really wanted to make a splash, go after Johnson from Georgia Tech. Make the offense great and just let them put up some points. Worked great for the Colts (2002-2005 version) /sarcasm off!

11. They won't get Dillon because he wants more carries than they're willing to give him behind Westbrook ... of course, if the Eagles get a lead they could just pound Dillon in the second half as if he were a Steeler.

12. melock

melock Well-Known Member

They haven't even brought Dillon in for a visit. I mean they brought in Ron Dayne for God's sake so forget about Dillon. Not going to happen. Hey I love your enthusiasm for getting Calvin Johnson, but I'd also like the rain drops to made of gummi bears and to have strippers run outside and feed them to me. Johnson is gone by 4 at the latest. That's 22 spots. They'd have to trade their entire draft and probably a couple players to get one (albeit great) player? Not going to happen, but nice try. :eek:

Draft saved Draft deleted