1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All about the E-A-G-L-E-S

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by melock, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Yeah, I guess. I just would prefer Bloom who from my eyes has more natural speed than Reed. When you are a fast kick returner, the field opens up wide in front of you, look at Devin Hester. I am not comparing either to Hester, but speed kills.

2. it's J.R. Reed

not Reid

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

My fault.

4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

That's the thing though. Bloom didn't show any of that speed in the preseason. He's a guy that looks good playing in shorts, but when you strap the pads on it's not the same. He was tentative all preseason, especially after getting popped a few times. He was running East and West too much. The Eagles don't have patience for that. See Wynn, Dexter.

5. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Thank god they had a back-up punt returner in case Bloom didn't work out. Oh wait, they didn't have a back-up punt returner in case Bloom didn't work out. Well it's not like that could cost them a game. Oh wait....

6. somwhere reno mahe is getting a phone call.....

7. Reno was solid, even if he wasn't flashy.

8. exactly--reid's always gone with consistancy in his special teams but this year, aside from akers, it's almost entirely new....oh well, chalk it up to first week rust (i hope)

9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

That's why I was shocked they didn't have a back-up punt returner in case Bloom didn't work out.

Draft saved Draft deleted