1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alien vs. Predator 2 trailer

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BigSleeper, Aug 28, 2007.

1. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Don't know if this is a DB, but the trailer for the Alien vs. Predator 2 trailer is up at http://www.avp-r.com/trailer.html. If you thought the gore in the "John Rambo" trailer was bad, you're in for a real treat with this one.

2. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Good grief

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

That was awesome. I finally have something to look forward to at Christmans.

4. statrat

statrat Member

Actually looks better than the first AVP.

5. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Oh without a doubt.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That actually does look better than the last one.

7. ostentatious

ostentatious Member

As long as it doesn't take liberal liberties with already established franchise facts (predators seek out heat, not friggin antarctica, and how long an alien gestates for example) the movie should be fine. Looks like there are enough signature moments for the movie to stand up to my short attention span.

8. BRoth

BRoth Member

Well, I'm pretty sure I just watched the whole movie. Except the open ending that will leave room for the third installment.

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

first trailer i ever saw where a guy drops the f-bomb. trailer obviously not rated G for everyone.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That jumped out at me, too.

And ostentatious, you could argue putting the hunt in an arctic climate was to make it more challenging for the young Predators. It's best not to overthink these things.

11. ostentatious

ostentatious Member

still don't buy it...when the movie goes into the flashback, the temple isn't snow-covered. to me that means non-intent for sending preds into snow.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Looks pretty effing good, though I think they showed way too many kills in the trailer.

I still think they needed to set this one in space, in the future, with the space marines as the good guys. And while the first was OK, this one will be better if they don't make the Predators turn into "good guys" (which it doesn't look like they're going to do).

I'll be there Christmas night, without a doubt.

Draft saved Draft deleted