1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alicia Parlette

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Montezuma's Revenge, Jul 8, 2006.

1. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

:'( I can't imagine the decision to go on disability was easy for her.

2. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

Any update on how she's doing? It's been nearly a year since her last blog post. I'm just wondering if anyone out there knows.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

i thought the worst again when i saw this up here. i havent heard anything. hopefully everything is ok.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

http://theuntexan.typepad.com/the_untexan/2008/05/where-is-alicia.html
    I'm going to put out a couple of feelers, but I fear the worst.

5. loveyabye

loveyabye Guest

Do you think someone would have taken the blog down or there would be an obituary in the Chronicle if she had passed away? I think there would be.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If she had died, it would be out there.

According to everything I can find, she's still alive.

My heart skips a beat everytime I see her name on the board. It gives me chills.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

A long-awaited and probably long-dreaded update ... at age 28, she is saying her final goodbyes.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/04/16/MNSC1CUMNU.DTL

8. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I was just thinking about her the other day, but I couldn't remember her name. So sad. thanks for posting this.

9. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

:( Dammit. Wish I could come up with a better word, but that's all I can come up with.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I hated seeing this move back to the top. Best wishes, Alicia. I'm so glad she's surrounded by those she loves.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I was an avid reader of her blog, and I'm saddened to read this update. I, too, had just thought about her a couple of weeks ago and I was wondering what had happened to her.

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Every time this thread comes back to the top, I always look for good news. Cancer is one of those things that makes me want to shake my fist at whatever higher deity exists, and ask "What the hell is the point of this?!"

Draft saved Draft deleted