1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alford curses at BYU player

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Feb 28, 2010.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Why are people so down on Steve Alford, he doesn't seem like a bad guy.

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Pierre Pierce really likes him.

3. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Alford's doing fine, I think.
    Coaches need to be fiery.
    The kid for BYU was somewhat of a jerk, who didn't recognize.
    Coaches can respond as Alford did now and then, without it being "wrong."

4. accguy

accguy Member

I don't really care that Alford said it to the BYU player. I don't really care that he looked like a clown.

But I don't like the phony facade.

Don't wear the WWJD bracelet and talk about God all the time and then do this.

5. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

As someone who covered Alford for eight seasons at Iowa, I can tell you this video did not surprise me at all.

As was pointed out earlier, he yapped at a Southern Miss player a couple of years ago. And during Iowa's NCAA debacle against Northwestern State a few years ago, he yelled back at fans as he was heading to the locker room at halftime.

His valet — sorry, assistant coach — Craig Neal also had some words for the BYU player during this incident, too. Again, not surprised.

As I said to somebody yesterday, Alford's WWJD bracelet must not have been working on Saturday.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Alford wears a WWJD bracelet? I thought Jesus wore a WWSAD bracelet?

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

No he wears a WWBND bracelet.

8. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

What would Bobby not do?

9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I'd call a 9-19 record and tied for last in the Big Ten at 3-13 not a good fit.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Perspective please.

Crean inherited a program that essentially dropped an atomic bomb on itself thanks to the Kelvin Sampson disaster. Last season, he had about as many scholarship players as I had. This year is the first year he's had any kind of representative roster ... and the best player on the roster gets hurt right before the Big Ten season.

There isn't an IU fan I know, and I'm freaking surrounded by them, who is displeased with Crean.

Cue end of world ... I am defending IU basketball.

11. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

OK, I'll concede that. It's hard to believe IU has fallen that far. The Sampson hiring was quite a shocker. I still can't believe IU did that.

12. HorseWhipped

HorseWhipped Guest

Steve Alford cursed?

Steve ... Alford?

Draft saved Draft deleted