1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alex Rodriguez poll

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Nov 2, 2007.

?

Where will A-Rod end up?

1. Dodgers

13 vote(s)
    28.9%
  2. Angels

11 vote(s)
    24.4%
  3. Marlins

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. Red Sox

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Yankees

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  6. Other

17 vote(s)
    37.8%
  1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I'd love to see him sign with the Pirates.

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Of course you do. You have stated an irrational hatred of the Dodgers (daddy from Brooklyn? Giants fan? No? Then STFU), so it makes perfect sense to believe the worst with no proof.

The Dodgers had their period when they were in bed with Scott Boras. It left the franchise in ruins. And though I feel Boras did the Dodgers a favor, the JD Drew debacle last year did not lead to good feelings. Torre knows what it's like to manage that disingenuous prick. (The best part of all this is the repeated showing of his Rangers press conference: "I'm very happy to be here, and I mean that sincerely." Yeah, you look it).

It will be a shock if the Dodgers are a serious bidder, unless Boras' price drops by a lot.

But hey, you hate the Dodgers, so they MUST have been tampering, right?

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

C'mon is that necessary? ;D

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Sorry Sam, but the agent works for the client. And if the last several years have proven anything, it's that A-Rod is a diva who is compensating for God knows what (an inability to hit in the playoffs, among other things) by demanding all the attention and all the materialistic trappings he can handle.

A-Rod wanted to double Kevin Garnett's salary as badly as Boras did. And now A-Rod wants to dwarf that deal as badly as Boras does. If anything, Boras is the client to A-Rod's lunatic.

Like I said, it'd make for a fascinating book.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I didn't say I wanted him to sign with the Red Sox! ;D

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

At least he'd have a shot at the postseason with the Red Sox. I imaging a 10-year deal with the Pirates would be similar to a life sentence in prison with slightly better food and possibly less butt-sex.

7. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

This poll as written is like one of those phone polls where they ask you a question in a way that doesn't fit your answer.

It's well established that certain posters here think the "for sale" situation with the Cubs eliminates them from the hunt. The Yankees have said they won't bid; why are they included? And as for the Marlins...

Go on and put the Cubs up there and legitimize this poll.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And the Giants. They are at least more legitimately in it than the Marlins.

9. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

The money for Gil Meche was actually paid in Boulevard Beer. Doesn't count.

10. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I really hope the Royals give A-Rod as much money as he wants and move him to SS. I would love to see him on that team.

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Shit, we'll let him pitch. [/kevinkennedy]

12. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Wait till he gets to October.

Draft saved Draft deleted