1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ALERT: Henry Blake death M*A*S*H on now

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Nov 7, 2008.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I remember watching the show with my mom. And we both would have cried if we could when Radar made the announcement. But we just sat there with our mouths hanging open. For like five minutes.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I'm not old enough to remember when it aired in primetime, but for those who were: Was there any hint that Henry was even leaving before that show aired? Was it show watercooler-type fodder the next day?

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

If there was a hint Henry was leaving, it certainly didn't hit me at age 16.

And everyone was talking about it the next day. A sure conversation starter. All you had to say was "Henry Blake."

4. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Yes, it was known that Stevenson was leaving. The point of that episode was to write Henry Blake out of the show. The surprise was that they killed him rather than sending him back home to live happily with his family.

Draft saved Draft deleted