1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alert: Goodfellas on TNT

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Jul 15, 2006.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Great fuckin' movie, even if it is edited.

2. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

"As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster."

[​IMG]

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

What a great freakin movie, being ruined by being on TNT.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Henry Hill: You're a pistol, you're really funny. You're really funny.
    Tommy DeVito: What do you mean I'm funny?
    Henry Hill: It's funny, you know. It's a good story, it's funny, you're a funny guy.
    [laughs]
    Tommy DeVito: what do you mean, you mean the way I talk? What?
    Henry Hill: It's just, you know. You're just funny, it's... funny, the way you tell the story and everything.
    Tommy DeVito: [it becomes quiet] Funny how? What's funny about it?
    Anthony Stabile: Tommy no, You got it all wrong.
    Tommy DeVito: Oh, oh, Anthony. He's a big boy, he knows what he said. What did ya say? Funny how?
    Henry Hill: Jus...
    Tommy DeVito: What?
    Henry Hill: Just... ya know... you're funny.
    Tommy DeVito: You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?
    Henry Hill: Just... you know, how you tell the story, what?
    Tommy DeVito: No, no, I don't know, you said it. How do I know? You said I'm funny. How the fuck am I funny, what the fuck is so funny about me? Tell me, tell me what's funny!
    Henry Hill: [long pause] Get the fuck out of here, Tommy!
    Tommy DeVito: [everyone laughs] Ya motherfucker! I almost had him, I almost had him. Ya stuttering prick ya. Frankie, was he shaking? I wonder about you sometimes, Henry. You may fold under questioning.

5. ogre

ogre Member

I once wrote a term paper on "Wiseguys" for a friend's senior english final. Got an A+ for him. The best part is that I wrote the paper after two hours of sleep following a raging party. Stream of consciousness ranting about gangsterism wins every time.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Which class at Auburn was it?

7. lono

lono Active Member

Well played ...

8. John

John Well-Known Member

This is easily one of my 10 favorite movies of all time. I don't know what the other nine are, but this one's in there.

Hey Spider, this is for you. Don't take no shit off nobody!

9. ogre

ogre Member

It wasn't sociology. That prof was too tough.

10. Song Seven

Song Seven Member

i'd like to mention that menace II society was on bet tonight, over 80% of the words were either blanked out or edited (for example, the chick working the hamburger stand tells the two dudes "forget you, forget you, and forget you" before kane and o-dogg grease them. good shit.) and there were commercials every 10 minutes, i swear it took 3 hrs to finish the movie, kind of like watching freddy garcia pitch, you're there a lot longer then you have to be.

Draft saved Draft deleted