1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alert: Adam Carolla podcast

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Sep 1, 2009.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Teresa Strasser. Former host on "While You Were Out", and also a co-host on the morning radio show he did. While she's good in small doses, she gets exposed a bit if she's on everyday, like when she did mornings.

Regarding how Adam and Jimmy met, Adam probably hasn't done it on the podcast because he gets asked it or recounts it every couple of times he's on Loveline. To recap, Kimmel was doing radio in (I think) Arizona or California, and he was asking on-air for someone who could train him for a "celebrity" boxing match. At the time, Adam was a carpenter, trying to do a little stand-up (and failing miserably), and he also had experience as a boxing instructor. Adam essentially became Jimmy's trainer by just showing up really early one morning at the station, and because he was there and persistent, he got the gig. From there, he started driving the station's van and doing horrible remotes and stunts for them, and he and Jimmy's love blossomed. The end.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Listening to that now. Very funny.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Mr. Skin is on quite the press junket.
    He did the awful Petros and Money Show a couple of weeks ago.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

10-year anniversary of the web page.

It was funny, when I was in college, a copy of his book, which was like 1,200 pages was sent to a news room of a paper where I was interning. I was stunned at the level of interest people had at looking at it.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm just sad that lousy reception of my preferred station often cause me to turn on the Petros and Money Show, which is absolutely terrible.

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Although this might be deserving of its own topic instead - if there isn't one already, I haven't made the rounds of the board yet - according to Carolla, Bill Simmons and Dave Dameshek and other ESPN personalities are now prohibited from being on his podcast.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

No loss. Whatsoever.

8. Mizzougrad96

He and Jerry O'Connell talked extensively about the Erin Andrews video.

He also had a very interesting podcast with Jay Glazer a few weeks back.

9. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Great rant, except for the fact that he's completely wrong.

http://tinyurl.com/nehap2

10. Mizzougrad96

Any other regular listeners? I don't think I've missed a single one.

11. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I was surfing iTunes yesterday, looking for podcasts, and stumbled on Carolla's.

I'm just one show in, but it was fantastic. He had some great stuff on the Conan/Leno drama. I'll have to check out some of the older episodes ASAP.

12. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I've been listening for the past month or so since getting my iPhone and becoming a podcast addict.

I didn't have high expectations since I never was a fan of his from the Man Show and I was lukewarm on him from Loveline back in the day. BUT, I gotta say, his podcast is very good. He's entertaining and a good interviewer.

He has a lot of good guests, who seem very comfortable with Carolla. It's more of a back-and-forth conversation instead of an interview. Two of the best shows I've listened to were with Andy Dick and I hate that guy.

A mild complaint, Carolla does take over sometimes with the storytelling and talks over the guest.

Draft saved Draft deleted