1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alec Baldwin's Homophobic Rant

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jun 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

And a rant suggests multiple slurs in multiple sentences or phrases.

Alec Baldwin's rant with a homophobic slur would be more accurate.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That made me laugh my ass off... I can just picture Deen running around the kitchen like she's in Song of the South singing the N-word at the top of her lungs...

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think people truly believe Paula Deen is a racist.

I don't think people believe Baldwin is a homophobe.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Terrible word usage. Wish people would just stop with it.

Neither Baldwin (nor many people, for that matter) is AFRAID of homosexuals or homosexuality, which is what homophobe means.

But regardless of how liberal he has presented himself (or has fooled you into believing he is), he obviously is fine with peppering his anger and insults with homosexual slurs and images. That tells me he DOES have some kind of an issue with it. Whether he's liberal on 99.4 percent of whatever liberals support, homosexuality apparently isn't one of them.

There are all kinds of insults you can spew at someone you're angry at, but to use two homo-centric ones in the span of a couple of tweets just doesn't compute.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It might for a man who is famous and celebrated for such banter with his #1 foil on his highly rated TV show. He has already said things like that many times as Jack Donaghy. And really, in terms of personality (though not in political persuasion), there isn't a whole lot of difference between Alec Baldwin and Jack Donaghy.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

And I know many of you don't watch 30 Rock, but the man did this...

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Jesus fucking Christ, take your meds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.