1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alcoholidays

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Dec 24, 2012.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

hey, they can join in if they like ... their choice. ; )

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Surprised you guys haven't yet named the primo alcoholiday of all time -- the Wednesday night before Thanskgiving. Every kid back from college gets their drunk on back in the old home town. So do his parents, back at home.

3. Michael - as I've gotten older the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and New Year's Eve have both lost any attraction to me as drinking days/nights. Many of my friends feel the same way. Those are the nights the douchebags come out from under their rocks (or tanning beds or where ever they hide).

4. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

New Year's Day with all the bowl games from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. is a pretty good day to drink, especially for those who like to avoid amateur night on NYE.

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I just want to crawl inside one of those beer commercials where it's late spring or early summer and everybody's wearing cutoffs and dancing their asses off. That's my alcoholiday. OR the one where everybody's partying on a New York City rooftop and either Pitbull or Dr. Dre comes out. That one.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

How about the one with the fight between Taste Great and Less Filling that ends up in a fountain?

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

As long as I don't have to drink the shit beer they show in those commercials though, I'd like to be there as well.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Everree end eech dae shood a be Nashunal day Alkoehalliics:

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Outing alert: Chef2 is really Foster Brooks.

Draft saved Draft deleted