1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alabama TV reporter martyrs herself over narcissistic personal blog

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Steak Snabler, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm not saying anyone should hire her, but I think someone will.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Nope. You're exactly right.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I feel like you predict that a lot in these situations and I bet it almost never comes true.

4. Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown Member

If it happens, it won't be a station that can afford to take a chance. It will be one that badly needs to take a chance.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Based on her blog posts and videos, she doesn't sound like someone who was that interested in staying in TV news. I'm guessing she winds up in grad school and making a career change before long.

6. Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown Member

She's not even a name. Who the hell is going to recognize her name in a week? It's not like a station could hire her and promote her by name only. It would have to be some sort of splash like "Hey, remember what's her name? How she sometimes broke federal law by opening someone else's mail? And will stop recording her interview with you if she realizes you are of no use to her? And who sometimes didn't wear a bra on the air? Well, we've got her now. Watch her live tonight at 6 and 10. Will she? Won't she? Tune in to find out!"

There's no payoff in hiring her.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I couldn't even tell you her name right now.

8. Speaking of A.J. Clemente, he's bartending in Delaware for the summer.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2013/05/14/fired-anchor-aj-clemente-takes-bartending-job-at-223-hour/

9. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

The sad part about it (not that I'll lose any sleep over it), is that whenever she gets in position for a new job, in TV or anywhere else, she's likely going to have an HR director do a Google search on her, see she wrote a blog bragging about not doing her job correctly, then was told to take it down and she put it back up, leading for her to be fired.

Then when she's asked about it and whines about how unfair it was, her resume will get tossed on the trash heap. And rightfully so.

There are enough qualified people out there looking for jobs who do things the right way to think a fuck-up is going to get the nod over them.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Probably should put an "NSFW" on that link, Burny ...

11. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Shit, you're right. Sorry. I just took it out.

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

He does, and it doesn't.

Draft saved Draft deleted