1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alabama: How not to Poin

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Mar 22, 2016.

1. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

Best sign I have seen at a college football game: "When I bang my sister I yell Roll Tide!"

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah, everytime I think it can't get any stupider... and he reimburses the state for it three days after the affair went public. Celene Fucking Dion. Gawd.

4. dixiehack

Gold, Jerry.

Bentley’s Reelection Party Turns Into Hunt for Tapes - Alabama Political Reporter

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The Family Values Party strikes again.

6. dixiehack

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

7. dixiehack

8. Neutral Corner

Good. I hope they put him under the jail. The lege can now return to its normal level of venal dysfunction, instead of the recent absolute paralysis. Each of the 23 charges was good for two to twenty years, plus he's automatically booted out of the lege and the speaker's chair. He was nearly unanimously re-elected speaker of the house with 23 felony ethics charges pending, including Democrat votes. Everyone was scared to vote against the powerful and vindictive SOB.

That's one down. The House is meeting regarding impeachment rules for Gov. Bentley, and Roy Moore will probably get the boot again from the Judicial Overwatch. Government is here is so friggin' bad.

About the same time as that trip to Vegas he took her on, he also took her to a National Governor's dinner at the White House. The Gov is kinda dim, or more properly all the blood had drained to the little head. Or both.

9. Neutral Corner

The prisons were an $800m no-bid deal, and the winner would design and build them from one end to the other as opposed to various companies getting a piece of it. There's no telling how much money was going to fall off the truck on the way to getting those built. The same lawyer who set up the Gov's 401(c)4 girlfriend fund was also the lead guy on the prisons. He's also in charge of a big resort hotel that the state is now building in a state park on the gulf with money from the gulf oil spill settlement. I suspect that he, the gov, and his bimbo all are getting a taste there. OTOH, the FBI, the IRS, the Postal Inspectors, plus the state ethics office are all looking at the governor's affairs. I wouldn't be surprised to see a RICO case come out of it, and at the least he's up the proverbial tributary without any visible means of propulsion.

10. dixiehack

11. dixiehack

Draft saved Draft deleted