1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alabama: How not to Poin

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Mar 22, 2016.

1. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

South Carolina is weeping over this statement.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It is even worse in Alabama. Trust me, I am not proud to say so. I live in a state that has a deficit of hundreds of millions of dollars who not only refuses to fix it but routinely passes new laws that are known to be unconstitutional but are passed for political grandstanding. That's bad enough, but the state then spends millions in court attempting to defend laws that were going to be struck down before the Governor even signed them. It is a case of one party rule run amok. There are no checks and balances here. For sure there is no balance, and the checks are being voted down as fast as legal end runs can be found.

I sometimes wonder what it would be like to live in a state that is rated in the top five in governance. Georgia, Texas, and Alabama, which cover my last fifty years, are not exactly leading lights.

3. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Mississippi is only better by comparison, NC. Our lieutenant governor is trying to ram through a corporate tax cut, as though the examples of the fiscal disaster similar such cuts have caused in Louisiana and Kansas, or the fact that we've already got a significant budget shortfall for this fiscal year, aren't compelling reasons to say no to such lunacy.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

On my one and only trip to Minnesota, maybe a year or so after Jesse Ventura got voted in, one of the Twin Cities stations ran a "shocking" story on how the state had fallen below the national average (to like 28th or so) on one educational statistic, something like 3rd grade math scores or its equivalent.

If Alabama ever made it to 28th in any education category besides Poin Files entrants, the state would pay for a weekend kegger for the public at Talladega.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

As long as he's only telling her he wants to grab her boobs and we have no visual proof he has actually grabbed them, it sounds like much ado about nothing.

7. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

But shouldn't the fact men want to grab all the boobs simply go without saying.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's basically his defense. "Yeah, I'm a dirty old man nasty talking, but I did not have sex with that woman!" That is, "I'll admit to what can be proven, and deny, deny, deny everything else".

Basically, that "We need to remember to lock the door next time" shoots hell out of his credibility.

http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2016/03/gov_robert_bentley_tries_to_ke.html

10. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Get the fuck out of here.

12. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Roll Tide

Draft saved Draft deleted