1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alabama beat in Mobile

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Randy Kennedy, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

We'll forgive it once. Once. ONCE.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

If it's who I think it is, the guy is a major douchebox. ;)

3. That made me laugh. Awesome.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

Please don't pretend that you read something I wrote. I prefer to work in total obscurity.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Wesley Rucker?

6. Yep, he's the clubhouse leader. Before becoming the UTC beat writer, he served as the TFP's student stringer in Knoxville.

7. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

so, who gets the utc job if he moves up?

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

UTC's a good job at that paper. They travel everywhere, and when the Mocs played at the school I cover, they sent two on the road. I was impressed.

9. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

They indeed do go everywhere.... I cover an ACC school, and two years ago, I went to the San Juan Shootout to cover my team. There were two beat writers there - me and the guy covering the Mocs. I think that says a lot...

10. They even travelled to Canada two years ago as UTC hoops took a preseason trip abroad! Mocs football is weak, and attendance is puny, but the paper still sends two, sometimes three, writers to every game. Debate that use of resources as you will, but at least the beat guy gets plenty of newshole for takeouts. And there's no competition as all three local TV stations derive their story ideas from the pages of the paper.

11. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Agreed, JD. Made me wanna wiggle my eyebrows outside of Mandy Pepperidge's room.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Be worth the price of admission to actually see you on the ladder.

Draft saved Draft deleted