1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alabama attorney: But Judge, THE game is on ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dog428, Dec 17, 2009.

1. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Oh, I don't think the lawyers wanting to move the trial date back so they don't miss the game is a big deal. Not at all. Hell, I had an attorney on a trial I was covering get a two-day delay once because it was his wife's birthday and they had a trip planned. It happens.

That said, filing a motion in which you use the game as the primary reason for wanting to delay the start of the trial, citing the fact that the opposing attorneys are Auburn fans and then ending said motion with "ROLL TIDE!" is a different story.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Fried mayo balls?

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree with this. You'd think the lawyer could think of a better BS, plausible reason. Like when I don't want to cover a meeting because I have a date, I don't tell work that's the reason.

4. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

That was my reaction, too. If those are what I think they are, they make the Minnesota state fair's fried Snickers bars sound like health food.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

At the Texas State Fair, they have deep fried butter balls.

6. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I was taking a little shot at the fine eating habits we have here in the South. I haven't actually seen or heard of anyone consuming a fried ball of mayo ... yet.

That said, I was at a high school football game a few weeks back and overheard a PA announcement that "Fried Oreos are now on sale for half price."

So, fried mayo balls are only a week or two away at this point.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Only time I've ever seen Fried Oreos on the menu was at a mini golf place in Va. Beach this past summer.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

They will deep fry damn near anything at the Texas State Fair.

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Yep. That dumb ol' football sure seems capable of "creating and saving" a lot of jobs.

Draft saved Draft deleted