1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AL winner

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Oct 1, 2007.

?

Representing the league in the WS:

1. Red Sox

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. Yankees

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  3. Angels

7 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Indians

10 vote(s)
    35.7%
  1. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Yanks. They've been one of the hotter teams lately, but the starting rotation after Wang & Pettitte doesn't exactly inspire much confidence. I still can't get over the fact the Yanks haven't seen Sabathia in four years. Still, Yanks in four, and figure on Borowski figuring in greatly for two of those losses.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Boston.

3. In Cold Blood

In Cold Blood Member

Red Sox - they've got the pitching. I like the Yanks offense. don't like their pitching.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I don't think the Yankees' pitching staff is that bad. I like Wang (that never looks right) and Pettitte in the first two games, and providing Clemens is healthy and can be productive, I think they'll be OK. Mussina's been throwing pretty well lately, too. And the bullpen is fairly solid. Besides, Pettitte gave up nine runs on Saturday and still won the game. I don't know if the Yankees can go all the way, but their pitching is good enough for the postseason, in my opinion.

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Indians, but if the Angels go all the way, that's easier for me to get to see a World Series game.

6. Colton

Colton Active Member

Indians.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yankees have been playing well lately and the back of their bullpen is as good as any.

8. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Red Sox have pitching and they have played great baseball in September. I know the Yanks are good too, but I give the edge to the BoSox.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Yanks, but only if Joe uses the kids on the mound.

10. Cansportschick

Can we safely say that the World Series Champion will come out of the American League? If you look at regular season wins, the Yankees and Red Sox were tops, but didn't the Indians and Angels have more wins than the four NL teams?

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Most likely, sure, the AL teams are all better from a talent standpoint. But I've found that conventional wisdom just doesn't work in baseball. Gotta actually play the games. Ask the Mets.

12. Cansportschick

I actually think the Mets never showed up in the last seven games of the regular season.

Draft saved Draft deleted