1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Al Queada eating children?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Jul 10, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Maybe the dingo...

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Here's the report. You have any reason to believe he's lying?

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=YTA0Zjk0NjM0NTVmOGJlZGUzYmM4MTU1MzQ3NjI3NGU=

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Guy, I thank you for the link, but let's be serious here. The reporter isn't the one that witnessed a damn thing. What the reporter is doing is repeating a story that may have been told to him through a translator by an "official" who may have received the story from someone else. As has been demonstrated by the Iraqis that came to America claiming there existed mobile bio-chem labs, they aren't exactly the most honest witnesses.

My cousin's husband's best-friend knows this guy who is fighting over in Iraq and he said that Al Qaeda wears necklaces laced with the feet of children.

4. Guy_Incognito

So are you taking issue with him putting it in his report, not as a splashy headline, not as a statement of fact, but saying exactly where & how he heard it, putting it in the middle of his report? Or with the local talking heads who found it interesting & talked about it? Neither seems particularly egregious to me.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Guy,

As Fenian said, this has been going on since ancient times. Helps to demonize the enemy. Easier to pull the trigger and all that.

6. Guy_Incognito

Again, what's your theory, the reporter made it up or was lied to?

7. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Take your pick.

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Guy, I have trouble with a guy that says he is a reporter placing that type of quote in an article. Just think about any similar parallel. Would you be inclined to believe me if I had written out "My cousin's husband's best-friend knows this guy and he said that in the upper parts of Idaho, the KKK is recruiting members by eating and roasting the children of those they want to recruit?"

9. Flash

Flash Guest

How very Senecan.

10. IU90

IU90 Member

But, come to think of it, Tyson converted to Islam before he began discussing children consumption. In fact, weren't his next words after the comment a praise of Allah? Coincidence? Hmmm, maybe they are baby eaters. Someone get this memo to Bush/Cheney ASAP.

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

According to Cheney, they have yellow cake for dessert.

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

It also makes it easier for us to rationalize torture.

Draft saved Draft deleted