1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AL MVP: Mauer in a runaway

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mb, Nov 23, 2009.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who thinks 'yab was covering up the lovely Minka Kelly so he could look upon Jeter without distraction while doing things to himself nobody here wants to know about?

We get it, fanboy. Even you realize you can't argue with the voters on this one, so you have to find some other way to bow down to your beloved on this thread.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Now that's funny!

3. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

and the BBWAA wonders why they get no respect. They still refuse to consider the intangibles when voting for these awards......intangibles matter.

4. outofplace

When I start posting pictures of the girlfriends of the athletes on teams I root for, then we can talk.

Beyond that, you are every bit the fanboy of the Mets that I am of the Steelers.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Not even close.

6. outofplace

We'll get you some help with that lack of self-awareness. I know it sounds new-agey for an old guy like you, but it'll do you a lot of good. I promise.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

We should just go back to the Punto-jack.

8. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Favre or Mauer?

Vote!

http://www.startribune.com/polls/71815777.html?elr=KArksUUUycaEacyU

Edit: Helps if I get the link right, I suppose..

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Ditka

10. outofplace

Does anybody know which voter gave his first-place vote to Cabrera?

11. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Seattle.

I'll find a link..

Edit:

Cabrera's first-place vote came from Keizo Konishi of Kyodo News, a member of the Seattle chapter, according to The Associated Press

http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/71639757.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUycaEacyU

12. outofplace

That's odd. I was guessing it was a homer vote. Not that I'm shocked somebody else got a vote, but I wouldn't think it would be Cabrera. He did hit .471 against the Mariners this season.

Draft saved Draft deleted