1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Al Gore's mansion: energy usage

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by daemon, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

That still doesn't explain why his forehead is smoother than Leo's.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

That's Bill Frist you are talking about.

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

IIRC, this all came out last year after the movie came out. Kind of funny.

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Is Al Gore related to Ted Haggard?

5. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Went to the TCPR Web site. Looks like a fiscal conservative group.

Still, if Gore wants to make a statement, that mansion should have some sort of alternative energy source — solar, wind, whatever. (Considering a lot of my state's power network is on the ground thanks to this weekend's winter storm, everybody should start looking into alternative energy).

6. John

John Well-Known Member

Tipper's rabbit must be powerful.

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Al Gore supporter Indians Network arrives on the red carpet for Oscar night.

[​IMG]

8. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

You have the best sense of humor on this web site. Keep up the good work.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

That's fair, but doesn't Al Gore often bring up how the U.S. has 5 percent of the world's population but causes 30 percent of the world's pollution? I can't remember the exact numbers, but it's a common tactic of environmental activists to use that line.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

I'm guessing BYH wrote that sentence in about 8 seconds.

11. "The Tennessee Center for Policy Research, an independent, nonprofit and nonpartisan research organization committed to achieving a freer, more prosperous Tennessee through free market policy solutions"

Forgive me, but you don't need the Enigma machine to decode that last clause.
    Nice of Drudge to get a quote from the subject of the piece.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

It does smack of hypocrisy, but at the same time, I imagine he does quite a bit of his work from home (that's a total guess, but it seems reasonable). If that's the case, it would explain why energy use went up after the movie came out and why he uses more energy than the average American household (along with the 20 bedroom factor).

Still, if he hasn't already, he should be investing in many of the energy savers he supports in speech and film.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.