1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Al Gore's mansion: energy usage

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by daemon, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash.htm

If this has already been posted, forgive me.

Don't want this to turn into a political pissing match, though I'm sure that wish is in vain.

Still, right, left, democratic, republican: doesn't this underscore the reason why we'll likely never win the war on global warming?

It's easy to talk the talk. But, fact is, American society judges its members on excess, not on moderation.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Re: Al Gore's mansion: energy useage

Hondo and Yawn have no idea why they just ejaculated.

3. Re: Al Gore's mansion: energy useage

Yes, I'm sure the TCPR is completely non-partisan. It says so right in its press release!

Also, it's usage, not useage.

EDIT: MUAHAHAAHAHAHAH!!! (to BYH)

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Tremendous.

And Inconvenient, I'm guessing.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Al could not be reached for comment. He is still driving back from LA in his Prius and does not carry a cell phone.

6. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

Didn't have chance to research the organization, and I don't doubt you're right.

But like I said, look past the politics for a minute: it's so much easier to talk about what needs to be done rather than actually do it.

This isn't an ad hominem attack on Gore. If his movie helps convince someone to turn of a light switch for five minutes while he is outside, or spurs the sales of energy-efficient vehicles, then that's great. But the fact of the matter is, I listened to him encourage the American public last night to start taking steps to be more energy efficient: wouldn't a small step be to move out of an 20 bed-room, eight bath-room mansion and into a smaller place that a) didn't kill as much wild life to build and b) doesn't take an average person's salary to operate each month?

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

probably would not hurt Al to use the oven less and perhaps have an organic salad.

8. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

The TCPR sounds a lot like the Bluegrass Institute for Public Policy, BIPPS for short. BIPPS is nonpartisan in that it's a libertarian think tank.

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Post of the year? at least slam of the year

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

You're exactly right.

No matter what anyone's politics are, it makes perfect sense that a 20-room, 8-bath house would use more energy than most American households.

11. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

I am sure he is housing illegal immigrates and law breakers. How could the best man on earth ever use that much electricity and oil. No way, this article is bias and doesn't take into account what a great person he is or how he invented the Internet. This stupid republican b.s needs to stop right now. Those right wing haters have nothing better to do but pick on this man of great integrity and love. I really think this depends on the definition of Kwh and BTU's not to mention he overpaid his bills. Not to mention how he has 10 wind mills and 600 solar panels and a huge green house full of fruits and vegetables. Oh, I forgot he has every endangered animal, insect and fungus on his property. He is generating ozone for the ozone layer and reducing the Co2 with air filters and never ever smokes a cigar. Dam, I forgot he saved 15 peoples lives today and gave 10 million to the make a wish foundation.

12. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.