1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Al Gore will win the presidency

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Nov 9, 2006.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

No offense taken, Doc. It's the episode on MASH where Linda Kelsey plays a nurse who gets confined to her quarters for mouthing off to Houlihan. Then her husband (a soldier) shows up because he got a one-day pass and they never had a honeymoon, so Hawkeye and Honeycutt pretend he needs to be quarantined in Houlihan's tent for 24 hours becuase it's the only tent available that has just a single occupant. When Potter asks what the kid has, they say they think it could be The Plague or "schistosomiasis" thinking they can pull a fast one, but Potter knows what it is.

Seriously, I thought the quick crowd here would get it.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

This is a train wreck of a political thread (not surprising given who started it and who the primary subject is). But keep this one going. Very entertaining reading.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Of course you think they're intelligent only when they vote for Democrats.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Maybe he knew Sammy Sosa was 'roiding up. I wouldn't hold that against him now in light of what we know now, that he was a juicer of the first order.

And I think being president counts for doing something with your life. You don't think he's done anything with his life because he wouldn't govern as you saw fit.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Apparently he isn't governing the way 70 percent of the country sees fit. But then, you knew that.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

No, I don't think he's done anything in his life because he has failed at every business he has ever owned, making him vastly underqualified for the two political positions that he has held. As a result, his presidency is not so much incompetency as it is inexperience -- combined the unfortunate situation that he has surrounded himself with greedy, hawkish relics of his father's administration, who don't have the best interests of the country at heart, thereby making him look like even more of a fool than he already is.

So no, he doesn't govern as I see fit. But it has nothing to do with his political party.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

BuckW, why do you continue to hate America?

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

He may not win . . . but to call someone who WON the popular vote and lost the electoral vote by 538 votes DESPITE the Nader idiots and ballot issues "unelectable" seems to be a stretch.

And all that was BEFORE he was proven right over the past 8 years.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

Someone has to stop ManBearPig.

10. Barely two days into their "mandate," and some Dems are overplaying their hands again.

11. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2006/11/tuesdays_election_was_a_vote_o.html

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Who had more working against him, Nixon after 1960 or Gore after 1996?

Nixon was the VP of a very popular president, who blew a race he should have won in his sleep, but then was elected eight years later because an unpopular war fought under false pretenses had divided the country.

Why not Gore?

Draft saved Draft deleted