1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Al Gore will win the presidency

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Still waiting for an answer, tony.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Gore is pretty intellectual and seems to have a legitimate interest in learning and teaching. Bush? Puts his hands over his ears and fills his staff up with people who tell him what he wants to hear.

I wonder if Bush will work as hard once he leaves office to edumacate people on his hot button topics. Such as, umm, ahh, uhh, tapioca or chocolate pudding?

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I didn't read any of this, but I sure hope Al Gore is the Democratic nominee.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

That's true. I mean all Bush has done is get elected president twice after he was already the governor of one of our biggest states. Whatever happened to that slapdick he beat for president in 2000 anyway?

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yeah, Bush only went on to become governor of the second largest state in the union (by population) and leader of the free world.

Gore? He couldn't even carry his own state when he ran for President and then he became mentally deranged. If the guy didn't have handlers he'd be a street person by now.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Two things
    Michael Steele never had Oreo cookies thrown at him at a campaign rally or event or anything. He made that up. Just like he made calling himself a Democrat on campaign material this year.
    Being the governor of Texas is like being Mayor of a city that has the city manager form of government. The mayor is a figurehead and the city manager makes all the decisions. In Texas it is the Lt. Gov. that makes all the calls.

7. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Two fucking days after the GOP had its ass handed to it in one of the biggest electoral rebukes a party has seen in most of our lifetimes — If you were an incumbent Democrat running on Tuesday, you won. Period. — the SportsJournalists.com righties gleefully continue to insist that the Republicans could nominate a ham sandwich in 2008 and beat whoever the Dems offer up.

Keep it up, fellas. This is great reading.

If the Republicans run the '08 presidential campaign with a fourth of the incompetence of this year's Senate campaign — thanks, Liddy — Tipper Gore could win.

8. old_tony

Nice case of schistosomiasis you've got there.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Real classy.

10. old_tony

Well, to hear Col. Potter say it, you get it from "wading waist deep in the River Nile." All I'm saying is he's in denial. If it's not classy to make a joke that apparently goes way over your head, well, sorry about that.

I was waiting to see if anyone would make the MASH connection, but since you apparently didn't get it, I figured I'd clear it up right away.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I think that joke went over everyone's head. If I'm wrong, I'll shut up.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'm far from a rightie, and I'd pick the ham sandwich in a landslide over Gore.

Gore was and is a horrible candidate. He comes across as stiff, passionless, and dull, and that simply doesn't work for a presidential candidate. He lost to Bush -- not exactly the greatest political mind -- and yes, as Old Tony points out, he couldn't carry his own state in the process.

Off the top of my head I can think of exactly one Republican I would vote for right now in a presidential race, so I'm really hoping the Democrats can field a decent candidate. But with all the momentum it has, and the fresh faces the party will now have in the limelight over the next two years, if the Democrats can't do better than Al Gore they are absolutely beyond screwed.

Draft saved Draft deleted