1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Al Gore is smarter than the average politician

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, May 23, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

I have to give Al Gore credit. He's running the perfect non campaign. By passing the debates and early mudslinging, he's setting himself up to make a perfect entry into the race by the first primary.

2. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

What about Michael Bloomberg? http://www.mikebloomberg.com/

3. Yeah, that's been the case since 2000.
    What's your point?

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

If your premise is true, it would be the first smart thing he's done in running for President.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Al Gore is so smart that in 2000 he had the equivalent of a two-foot putt and turned it into a quadruple bogey......

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

The SNL appearances have been pure platinum.

If he ever were to be president, that would play a part in it.

Got rid of the "wooden" yoke on those two shows.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Guys, he's just published a book which is a frontal assault on Fredo, "The Assault on Reason".

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/22/books/22kaku.html?_r=1&ref=books&oref=slogin

The administration’s pursuit of unilateralism abroad, Mr. Gore says, has isolated the United States in an ever more dangerous world, even as its efforts to expand executive power at home and “relegate the Congress and the courts to the sidelines” have undermined the constitutional system of checks and balances.

The former vice president contends that the fiasco in Iraq stems from President Bush’s use of “a counterfeit combination of misdirected vengeance and misguided dogma to dominate the national discussion, bypass reason, silence dissent and intimidate those who questioned his logic both inside and outside the administration.”

Gore may not be the guy "you want to have a beer with" but at least he can string two thoughts together.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I'll have a beer with Al ... if he's buying.

9. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Is there anyone who would take W over Gore again?

10. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

It would be interesting to see how Gore handled the 9/11 aftermath. We could have been ripping him up for the past few years, or maybe installed him as grand poobah for life. Who knows. I wouldn't vote for him even with a gun to my kitten's head, but interesting conjecture.

Kerry would have just had his wife buy Iraq. Ha!

11. standman

standman Member

Gore would have been president if he won his home state.

12. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

As noted hereabouts in the past, I spent a lot of time around Al Gore back in the day.

I can't begin to imagine what the hell happened to him.

Draft saved Draft deleted