1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AJC

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by miamiheraldchick, May 5, 2007.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Ronnie cut his teeth in news. I'm guessing he might be thinking about that around now.

2. taz

taz Member

I read that explanation to mean that they're going to focus more extensively on hyper-local news, and breaking news that will continue to drive users to the web site, while relying on wires/Cox for national coverage. It's happening all around us.

If that means they rely on wires for coverage out of Washington, or shifting editing hours away from the Travel and Food sections and to the online product, I say go for it.

Eliminating the NASCAR position would seem to be a hasty, esp. since they're a major venue.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

A paper that size should have a decent national, if not international reporting presence. And the NASCAR thing is insane.

4. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

Somewhere up there, Van McKenzie is shaking his head.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

All I know is I just went to the AJC site, for which I'm already registered, and it kept asking me more questions. Every time I'd click on a story, I'd get more questions to answer. They're upgrading their registration process or some such.
    Nope. Outta there. Won't go back if my one-time registration isn't enough.

6. Moland Spring

Moland Spring Member

Where does it say about Ronnie's new job? Is that still a rumor?

7. Ramos definitely isn't sports editor. So the question is, who calls the shots?
    The AJC has plenty of assistants to promote, not to mention some former sports editors from other papers.

8. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

This is all second-hand info, but I believe Ronnie is in charge of sports "content" Can anyone confirm or deny?

9. I heard it's more operations/administrative.

Draft saved Draft deleted