1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AI's talking about cars

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

He has a lot of them. Also plays the "do you know who I am?" card.
    At least he later apologized.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/04/07/georgia.iverson.police/index.html?hpt=T2

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

He should have said "Do you know who I used to be?"

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

We sittin' here, you supposed to be handin' out a ticket, and we here talkin' 'bout passenger.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I also love that he has a $200,000 car with expired tags. Man, that's more ghetto than a Walmart on the first of the month.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Iverson then said, "I make more money than you will in 10 years," according to the report.

I applaud the officer's restraint in not replying, "Yes, and I have more money than you will in 10 years."

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

"Not a car. Not a car. Not a car. Tags."

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Cop: "So you and your driver got caught up on Saturday without paying for tags?"

Iverson: "If I can't get tags, I can't get tags. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about tags. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be a guy with 10 cars, and we're talking about tags. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about tags, not the car, not the car, not the car, but we're talking about tags. Not the car that I go out there and get driven around in and treat every car like it's the favorite of my 10 cars, but we're talking about tags man. How silly is that?

Now I know that I'm supposed to lead by example -- we all know who I am -- and all that but I'm not shoving that aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I honestly do but we're talking about tags. We're talking about tags man. We're talking about tags. We're talking about tags. We're not talking about the car. We're talking about tags. When you come to the highway, and you see me getting driven around, you've seen me get driven right, you've seen me be a passenger with everything I've got, but we're talking about tags right now.

Cop: "But it's an issue that the DMV continues to raise?"

Iverson: "Hey I hear you, it's funny to me to, hey it's strange to me too but we're talking about tags man, we're not even talking about the car, when it actually matters, we're talking about tags."

Cop: "Is it possible that if you got tags, not you but you would make your driver better?"

Iverson: "How in the hell can I make my driver better by getting tags?

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Just because.

[
    [/html]

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

Driver says APD made up the story.
    http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/iversons-friend-atlanta-cops-904074.html?cxtype=rss_business_87628

Draft saved Draft deleted