1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Airline terror plot suspects identified; of British orgin

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

What about mass ovens for ... ummm ... cooking food for the prisoners?

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

No! I'm not talking about some type of Holocaust. This is different! These are Muslims not Jews. See, Germany blamed their problems on the Jewish population. The Germans were just stupid and wrong. Here in America, we know what is right. And we damn sure know that the Muslims are the problem.

See, not the same thing. The Germans were just stupid and thought the Jewish population was the problem. We know.

The only thing I would point out is that once we gather them into camps, we will be certain to bring in special doctors to make sure their health is in order. We can make certain that they are up to date on the latest vaccines and medical treatment.

This might include stuff that hasn't hit the market yet. But, we trust the pharmaceutical companies. They wouldn't give them anything bad, right? They wouldn't test drugs on them, right? Of course not.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And idiocy on this thread has reached a new level.

What is this, 9th grade debating class?

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Actually, my intent was to suggest that there are no easy solutions to this problem. We can't single out one country to fight, because we're being hit by groups based in a dozen different countries -- and many of the groups have shady (at best) ties to the governments in those countries. Invading random muslim countries just makes the problem worse. So what do we do?

As for the U.S./Nazi comparisons, that is so far over the top it's ridiculous. You realize the people we're fighting deny the holocaust even happened, right? How many times do they have to attack us before we start to say, "Hmmm...maybe we need to keep that ticking fella with the rocket launcher-shaped bulge in his robe from getting on this here plane?"

5. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Or, maybe, after an airline sends a few people's unmentionables to Anchorage instead of Atlanta, America will stand united in decrying the rotten level of customer service provided by most airlines. I'll wait 4 hours in a security line while some TSA idiot sniffs each pair of underwear in my carry-on before I'll let US Airways (mis)handle one more piece of my luggage.

Seriously: Is America not united against terrorism? I tried to find my local chapter of "Americans For Terrorism," but all the evidence I have points to the lack of existence of such a thing. Until then, I'm going to continue to believe most Americans think terrorism is a bad idea -- even those Americans, such as myself, who aren't in favor of rounding up everybody who looks the slightest bit like he might possibly be of the Muslim faith.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Next time you try, look under D in the phone book. Or you can find them on the internet. i believe the address is www.DNC.org

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Thanks for checking in, cockdian.

8. old_tony

You appear to have a fetish with the male appendage. ... Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    Funny you should take offense just two days after the Dems bounced their only strong-on-defense senator. But then I bet you don't do irony very well.

9. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link. That's the first time I've visited that web site you mentioned. An awful lot of bullshit on there, certainly. But I looked, and I looked, and I even used the Search function, but nowhere did I find the statement titled "Democrats think Terrorism is Good" or the Marge Schott-esque treatise "bin Laden Had Some Good Ideas In the Beginning, He Just Went Too Far."

Having not been able to find that, I have to believe it isn't there, therefore, I have to believe that Democrats -- much like Republicans, much like Libertarians or people of no party affiliation or, indeed, the vast majority of the world's Muslims -- are generally NOT in favor of terrorism.

Of course, it's so much simpler to just say, "If you ain't for us, you're against us." That works a lot better on a bumper sticker or a campaign sign than "The World Is A Complex Place That Requires A Great Deal of Study and Even Then, Nobody Will Fully Understand Everything; Given That, I Will Refrain From Making Blanket Statements Regarding Things I Don't Understand or About People Who Are Not A Member of my Demographic or Political Belief."

10. old_tony

While that may not fit on a bumper sticker, I have the feeling it might fit on the forehead of a few libs I know. Actually, most libs I know.

11. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

tony, you're an idiot. I was gonna really write a response, but then I remembered that with guys like you, it's a waste.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

What's your religion outside the McDonald's play park?

Draft saved Draft deleted