1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Airline terror plot suspects identified; of British orgin

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Aug 10, 2006.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14278216/

2. poindexter

“mass murder on an unimaginable scale.”

Wow, that's pretty heady stuff.

3. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Two consecutive posts, the first two on a thread, aren't as bad as quoting yourself, but it's damn near close.

4. poindexter

Agreed. 20 minute penalty box for me, or having to read one of JR's posts.

5. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

all british people hate america! bomb england! if i see any english person, i'm going to turn them in!

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I saw V for Vendetta last night for the first time... then wake up this morning to this...Eerie stuff...

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's just a Bush/Rove plot to raise Bush's ratings going into the off-year election season. We know the left doesn't believe there are terrorists. (That would be the sarcasm font)

Meanwhile, I've got a flight Saturday and now will have to check my small bag for only one night out of town because now I can't have toothpaste or any kind of aftershave lotion or other liquid in a carry-on.

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I think the folks doing this aren't terrorists. They're bus drivers.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Homeland Security wants to know if you've seen this man.

[​IMG]

10. Fubar

Fubar Member

Dave Chapelle is a muslim. I don't really hate that guy much.

I think I'd rather just give a big F U to any extremist regardless of race, religion or political pursuation. If you're extreme about anything, you've got to find more to do.

11. shouldn't that be GBA?

And slightly off-topic, isn't it time to maybe stop playing God Bless America at every single game and save it for special days (Memorial Day, July 4, 9/11, World Series)? I'm as big a patriot as they come, but I think it's becoming so routine that it's lost its meaning.

Back to the topic, here's a vote for profiling of suspected terrorists at airports. Not racial profiling, but profiling. Instead of grabbing each 10th person in line, grab the guy who looks shadier than the grandma or the 4-year old girl we're pulling out now. If we found out tomorrow that every terrorist looks exactly like me, and that subjects me to special screening when I fly, so be it. As long as it means people of all nationalities/races/creeds/etc. can go about their lives in a safer manner, do it - ACLU and pussies be damned.

12. Fubar

Fubar Member

As far as I know, they only play God Bless America on Sundays at baseball games here. It could be different in other parts of the country, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted