1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ainge needs Isiah like coverage

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Chee, May 23, 2007.

1. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

telfair for the ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

tanked games for NOTHING

tampering constantly by having contact with durant and family

I could only imagine if Zeke did this how much negative press he would've received.

2. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

The Celtics drafted Randy Foye and traded his rights to get Telfair.

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Are you saying trading a guy who could be an All-Star one day for someone who can't even hold a job as a back-up point guard was a bad deal?

4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Of course not but Ainge didn't trade the Rookie of the Year like it has been portrayed. He traded Foye to Portland who dealt the rights to Minnesota for the Rookie of the Year.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I think the stuff with Isiah goes back beyond his Knicks days, although there seemed to be little resurection of the Eddy Curry talk last night when the Bulls got the Knicks ninth pick.

Ainge is bad, but then so are a lot of the GM's in the league. Isiah gets it worse because of the previous history, I guess, with the CBA collapse, sexual harrassment charges, etc.

6. Mmac

Mmac Guest

From what I've seen, he's now getting it. I've been seeing Ainge getting ripped all over the place the last few weeks. The final results on that Telfair trade with Roy Rookie of the Year and Bassie Bust of the Year put him over the top into Isiah land on the ridiculed GM meter.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I think honestly Dolan gets it worse in NY right now for giving Isiah the extension before the end of the season.

8. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Isiah was getting that hate prior to the harrassment charges, and the CBA collapse had little to do with him.

either way, we both know the root cause of his bashing go back to his coments made 20 years ago.

Either way, I'm far from impressed by Ainge's body of work as the Celtics GM. When your own players say they're tanking the season, that's reason enough to receive major scrutiny in the press.

Stupid move after stupid move yet he doesn't get half the flack Isiah has taken.

9. Mmac

Mmac Guest

Yes, but it essentially was a 3 way trade, with Foye then swapped for Roy. The Celts could've just swapped Foye for Roy, but didn't because Ainge wanted Telfair. So Chee's right, they essentially gave up the Rookie of the Year for Telfair.

10. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Sorry it was supposed to be sarcastic. I guess I didn't lay it on thick enough. Damn I need to learn how to type in blue!!!

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Yeah, but the collapse happened with him at the helm. Whether there was any way to stop it doesn't matter. And when other things happen, for example the SH suit being brought, all the other stuff gets brought up again. Its the same with when another Bengal gets arrested, or Mike Irvin gets busted with a pipe in his car. All the previous stuff get re-aired.

As far as Ainge is concerned, I don't think anyone's nominating him for Exec of the year any time soon. I don't think anyone's impressed. He came in, made a bunch of moves, resigned a bad coach, didn't get lucky in the lottery and it's still broken. He'll be lucky to have a job this time next year.

12. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

exactly. He's now getting ripped. But to the degree that Isiah does? Isiah was mentioned in the New Republic for christ sake. And if you have two guys as ignorant as Mike & Mike are the NBA refer to Isiah as a bad GM, there's no way Ainge has received that type of hate.

Draft saved Draft deleted