1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Aging blows

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TwoGloves, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The year I graduated high school.
    Of course, I'm old as hell. And feeling it. And headed for the doctor's for the fifth or 12th or 19th follow-up to my last check up where I was put on a varied collection of pills.

My legs hurt, my back aches and I don't love Jesus *** something like that.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/My-Head-Hurts-My-Feet-Stink-And-I-Don't-Love-Jesus-lyrics-Jimmy-Buffett/78788D77EB66BC91482569A1002BEB88

:D

3. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Three words for you: Diet Mountain Dew.

4. blech. I'd rather drink Crystal Light.

I take that back. I just opened a Diet Pepsi, and considering I haven't had any soda in a week - it actually tastes pretty good.

5. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Damn. 44? 34?

Get out and walk around a little bit.

6. I've got a 4-year-old. Walking - and running - is pretty much the norm. I just feel it afterward.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Gratefruit?

8. KG

KG Active Member

I haven't asked what my vision is on that scale in a long time, but from what I gathered on line from my prescription (-7.75) I'm somewhere around 20/1000. I can't read a book without my lenses if it is further than three inches from the tip of my nose. I can't even SEE the big E, let alone read anything on the chart without my lenses. I wouldn't recognize my own mother if she were a foot in front of me without them. Bad eyesight really sucks!

Draft saved Draft deleted