1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Agate issues, anyone?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MightyMouse, Sep 25, 2011.

1. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

I'm paginating less and less these days, so maybe this isn't anything new, and I'm just noticing it now.
    But:
    --The golf agate for the Tour Championship looked very screwy today. All the names had an underscore before them, which wreaked havoc with our macro, which usually eliminates the first names. The first names stayed in there, and had a hyphen before them (or would that make it a dash?), and there were no tabs in the line scores, at all.

--Our macro also no longer seems to work on the NFL Expanded Glance. It looks the same as last year, but I'm wondering if AP tinkered with it, or messed with the coding, and if that's why our macro didn't recognize it.

That's all I noticed today, and I was wondering if anyone else was having similar issues. In any case, maybe I'll stop volunteering my services to the copy desk. I liked it better before when things were easier (criminy, I'm too young to sound like such an old crank).

2. MUTigers

MUTigers Member

Golf screwy for me as well. They just resent it, and I still can't run it.

3. Colton

Colton Active Member

MM... I noticed the same thing with the PGA agate. I ended up just working on it by hand to make it work.

So, too, in regards about the expanded NFL stgs. Fixed the macro on deadline Sunday night of Week 1 and saved the damn thing.

BTW, AP sucks... and AP Exchange is total and complete horseshit... end of rant. (apologies)

4. Justin Biebler

Justin Biebler Active Member

Same problem here with the expanded NFL glance. Thought my macro was screwed up

Draft saved Draft deleted