1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

After watching the French Open highlites on ESPN, I just want to say...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, May 24, 2010.

1. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

great, now I don't have to add the exta line in my head.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'm all about the helping

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Venus Lost in the fourth round to the 19 seed. I didn't see it but imagine Venus played the match with a bullet wound to her spleen, an ice lick in her left shoulder and a yeast infection thAt could bake bread for Paris for a week. The Williams' never get beat the only succumb to injuries that would kill mere mortals.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Venus has always been the classier of the Williams sisters. I think she gets a bad rep because her sister is such a basket case.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Venus didn't even blame the umpire when he got the score wrong in a Wimbledon tiebreaker she lost a few years ago.

In a sport filled with brats, she's better than most.

But I don't know if she would do what Dementieva did the other day: At 4-4 in the third set, leading 30-15, opponent hits a ball that the linesperson calls out. Instead of taking the critical point and a 40-15 lead, Dementieva waves the point off, says the ball was good, and they replay it.

Clock is ticking for the best active female player without a Grand Slam title. Come on, Elena.

7. John

John Well-Known Member

Venus may be classier is some respects, but the outfits are absurd and I refuse to watch her play because of the way she screams (can't call that a grunt, same with Sharapova) on every shot.

8. BTExpress

Dementieva wins again, has a very beatable semifinal opponent and seems intent on teasing me right up until her 6-1, 6-2 loss to Serena in the final, I guess. Not that I lack faith in her or anything. ;)

Meanwhile, in other news . . .

Federer will not make the semifinals of a Grand Slam for the first time since 2004. And he'll lose the No. 1 ranking if Nadal wins the tournament.

The power Soderling unleashed today was mesmerizing.

9. BTExpress

And Serena is gone.

As are all of the tennis fans on SportsJournalists.com, I guess. :mad:

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Serena's not used to playing opponents who are as physically strong as Stosur.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's my fault. I clicked the link.

But, man, that was not a lovely sight.

12. BTExpress

And Serena reminds us once again that her opponent didn't win the match --- Serena just lost it.

"It was my match and I lost it. That's basically what happened. She's a good player but I made so many errors and I definitely was nowhere near my best today."

Stosur is No. 7 in the world. Duh, she's a good player BUT . . .

Draft saved Draft deleted