1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

After the banks get bailed out this time....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Feb 6, 2009.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

They are going to need another bailout. Again.

The credit agencies (Moody's - a POS company in and of itself) are now starting to review the ratings of $302.6 billion in commercial mortgage-backed securities as real-estate values drop and property owners fall behind on payments.

This is commercial property, not residential (you know, all the land that the empty Circuit City stores and Chevy dealerships are standing on)

In case you haven't been paying attention the past year, the following will happen:

1) Reviews of the securities
    2) Downgrades
    3) Bank write-downs
    4) CNBC shocked at the losses
    5) Cries for more bailout money

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aUxk2VzFAWjU

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Folks have been saying for months commercial real estate is the next shoe to fall.

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

It's falling. Some of it on my head.

4. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Who cares? Just let me know when my rebate check is coming. Them PS3 games aren't cheap.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Yep, when all the stores go out of business, there isn't anyone left to pay the rent. Here in Shitsville, the mall is half empty and rumours abound it is going to close for good any day now. Why not just turn the place into a homeless shelter?

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Will your mall make the list?

http://deadmalls.com/

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Found it surprising that some of the banks have already paid back several million of the the bailout funds they already received.

8. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

When I get my check, I'm gonna march straight down to Circuit City and buy some.

Oh wait.

Draft saved Draft deleted