1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Advice on whether or not to go to a U2 concert

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dreunc1542, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

That's the first time I can recall the roof being open for a show at the Rogers Centre. I saw the 2003 Metallica Summer Sanitarium tour there on a stinking hot day in July and the roof was closed turning that place into a sauna.

2. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Saw them at Tampa Stadium during the Joshua Tree tour.

Probably paid $40 then, too.

Another vote for "go."

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

One friend saw the current tour in Dublin, and another saw it them in Chicago last weekend. They both said it was the best concert they'd ever seen. The friend who saw them in Chicago is paying $300 to see them somewhere in North Carolina (I think) later this month.

I'd probably say go.

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Thanks for all the advice to go to the concert. It was fantastic and more than worth the $40 for the ticket. It was a complete spectacle and their stage was patently absurd, mesmerizing and amazing all at the same time. Having seats up in the nosebleeds was not an issue. There's a buzz and energy about a big arena-style concert that's different than the shows at small venues I'm used to.

I'm even more excited now for next Wednesday to get to see Springsteen when I'll have slightly better seats.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

U2 puts on a better "show" than Springsteen.

He just goes up there and plays great songs. No light show, no pyro, no characters, no strange stage design.

Just depends on what you prefer.

Draft saved Draft deleted