1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adventurous eaters

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

I've made my own Jamaican jerk but I would love to have it made for me.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I will try anything and like most things.

I'm spotty on organ meats (can't do liver; love marrow and sweetbreads) but I'll eat any kind of sushi and seafood that you put in front of me.

I don't eat shit in any particular order. There are no food textures that frighten or disgust me.

If it's in season or it's the specialty of the house, bring it on.

3. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Don't forget conch fritters. Oh wait, that's Bahamian.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Who cares, they're fantastic.

As for me, I'll go for everything once. Tried deep-fried alligator tail at a Seminole reservation, kind a rubbery but good.

I would bring up blood cake, and anything in Fergus Henderson's "Nose To Tail Eating".

5. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

Alligator is tasty... and since I started traveling the world for work a few years ago, I have become a much less picky eater. I was really, really picky before... now I just eat it and ask what it is after the fact if I like it. Had a cool lunch when I was in El Salvador... we were at some local place on the shores of a volcanic lake... they caught the fish, cooked it up and served it to me whole... damn tasty.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Flash

Flash Guest

What kind of fish? Are those prawns on top?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

I've never made my own seasoning but I use the Busha Browne's and just marinate in that. The Walkerswood is equally as good. Pretty available around here but I think Kroger and even random groceries carry it now.

8. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I once at chicken wings so hot you had to sign a waiver to do so.

I'm not kidding, my lips AND chin were purple about four hours later when I went to bed.

9. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

No clue what kind of fish, they didn't speak great English... best I could get out of them was "good fish!" And if I recall correctly it was some sort of shrimp sauce on top.

10. Flash

Flash Guest

The prawns look like brain. Muahahaha.

11. stan_solo

stan_solo New Member

I eat raw birds with the feathers still attached.

12. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Yes, alligator is tasty stuff. So are conch fritters. I've had habanero wings that I tasted for two days after I ate them. I've had sea urchin, as well, and I was not too crazy about it.

Funny, there has been no mention of Rocky Mountain oysters (aka bull balls) yet. The first time I ate them was in Wyoming, in front of my brother, who just looked at me with a disgusted expression and finally exclaimed, "Jesus Christ, that is SO emasculating!"

Draft saved Draft deleted