1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adopted daughter: Woody Allen "sexually assaulted me"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Wasn't the Yale investigation discredited, though? I know the judge in the case didn't think much of it.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

To some. Her words are pretty convincing to others.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20066950,00.html

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

From AP today:

Woody Allen's adopted son is defending the filmmaker against accusations that the director molested his then-7-year-old daughter in 1992.
    Moses Farrow tells People magazine that Allen "of course" did not molest Moses' younger sister Dylan Farrow.
    Moses and Dylan Farrow were both adopted by Allen and actress Mia Farrow.
    Farrow's accusation that Allen had molested Dylan came during a bitter custody fight. The couple broke up after Farrow discovered that Allen was involved in a relationship with her oldest adopted daughter.
    Allen was never charged with a crime.
    Dylan Farrow recently wrote an open letter to The New York Times detailing the alleged abuse.
    The 36-year-old Moses Farrow says Dylan should not go through life with the "false impression" that Allen molested her.
    Dylan Farrow calls Moses' comments "a betrayal."

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Allen responds ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/09/opinion/sunday/woody-allen-speaks-out.html

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Dylan responds to his response:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/dylan-farrow-responds-woody-allen-678552

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Can't wait till SNL responds to Dylan's response to Woody's response to Dylan's response to Weide's response to Ronan's tweets and .......

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

All I know is all of the lengthy defenses of Woody which have emerged are right up there with all the obfuscation and deflection we used to see on another thread during 2001-09, the time of the "I'm qualified!!!!!" featherweight.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Moses Farrow: I don't want to be silent anymore. My mom made up this allegation, and is the real abuser.

A SON SPEAKS OUT By Moses Farrow

(I'm not an Allen supporter or detractor, just thought this was a heartbreaking read from someone who was actually there.)

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Always thought it was possible Farrow was a crazy manipulator and that Allen is guilty of this.

11. Songbird

LOL

In her widely-circulated 2014 open letter in The New York Times, the adult Dylan suddenly seemed to remember every moment of the alleged assault, writing, “He told me to lay on my stomach and play with my brother’s electric train set. Then he sexually assaulted me. He talked to me while he did it, whispering that I was a good girl, that this was our secret, promising that we’d go to Paris and I’d be a star in his movies. I remember staring at that toy train, focusing on it as it traveled in its circle around the attic. To this day, I find it difficult to look at toy trains.”

It’s a precise and compelling narrative, but there’s a major problem: there was no electric train set in that attic. There was, in fact, no way for kids to play up there, even if we had wanted to. It was an unfinished crawl space, under a steeply-angled gabled roof, with exposed nails and floorboards, billows of fiberglass insulation, filled with mousetraps and droppings and stinking of mothballs, and crammed with trunks full of hand-me-down clothes and my mother’s old wardrobes.

12. Songbird

He writes well.

Meanwhile, though, my father continues to face wave after wave of unfair and unrelenting attacks from my mother and her surrogates, questioning why he has been “given a pass” all these years. But Woody was not given a pass. Quite the opposite. Mia’s accusation was fully investigated by two separate agencies and charges were never brought. Mia reached the end of the legal runway after it was determined that the abuse never occurred. But trial by media thrives on the lack of long-term memory and Twitter requires neither knowledge nor restraint.

Draft saved Draft deleted