1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adele Vogue cover "controversy"

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

And they're assuming every woman lives in the first world.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I need to make this very clear, so it doesn't end up in the Dick Whitman Dossier: That was referencing a "Seinfeld" episode.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Too late.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

There is a not insignificant percentage of this board who still thinks that I don't know the difference between the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence (I made the regreettable mistake of trying to deadpan John Boehner's mix-up).

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Atta boy! I knew there was something cool about you.

I've found over the years, I'm attracted to men who love women. All kinds of women. Nonpicky guy's guys.

There's no bigger turnoff that some guy who nitpicks a woman's hair, tits, ass... etc. etc.

6. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

I'm a Seinfeld illiterate so, yes, that went right past me.

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

It's pretty clear in most posts that we of the Persnickety Peters Club were referring to standards of beauty expectant for Vogue cover models. I have no lack of appreciation for women, nor do I expect to land myself a cover girl in the future.

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I'm just telling you what I like. Hey - some women love men who have very high standards.

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I'm attracted to 85.9 percent of the women who were on "Seinfeld." And 100 percent of Lugnuts' available friends she hypothetically introduced me to nine years ago. :)

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

11. dooley_womack1

Fixed for unnecessary caps.

12. dooley_womack1

Hey, some of my best friends breathe and beg. And I watched Yo! MTV Begs religiously.

Draft saved Draft deleted