1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adaptation to COVID world

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

People are going to look back on how we reacted to COVID-19 and it will be interesting to see what lessons were learned. And what the reaction will be to COVID-27 or whatever is next.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Is now the time hoarders were anticipating using all that stuff, fixing all that stuff that they never threw away?

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

After the great depression of the 1930s many hoarders were created in that generation. I think after this, we are going to have a generation of germaphobes.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Even the churches are adapting. And this was too funny not to share ...

[​IMG]

HanSenSE and TigerVols like this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The church I go to is still doing confessions (you just have to yell them across the room). And the church is still open if people want to come in and pray or whatever. Sunday masses (English and Spanish) were done live and aired on Facebook. My sister said she even kneeled when she was supposed to kneel. I just stood. It wasn't bad. And kind of comforting.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Not only that … I have a 12-roll package of toilet paper that I bought before any of this began. :cool:

PaperDoll likes this.
  7. 2muchcoffeeman

Apple is also offering free books, and everyone’s local public library was probably already offering loans of ebooks, magazines and other digital literature.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Most of us who considered the church a money sucking middleman have been doing this for years without the church’s blessing.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Now's when they start cleaning.

10. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Tennessee R.E.A.D.S. is part of Overdrive, which is a good, sturdy ebook platform that supplies most of the libraries in the US and Canada. They offer books, magazines, audiobooks, and videos.

Would you mind posting the Apple link? I'm passing everything on to everyone who might need it. Presumptive thanks. :)

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Garbage collectors just came by ... one thing that I noticed, with everybody stuck at home, the garbage cans behind my house were absolutely overflowing. Like everyone else trying to keep society going -- health care workers, delivery drivers, grocery store workers, etc. -- the garbage collectors deserve their due.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

It's in the Books app on iPhone or iPad. Apple reminds users of free novels and audiobooks in Books app

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted