1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adaptation to COVID world

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Mar 20, 2020.

1. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Dang. I'm sorry. Lucinda W. is an amazing performer.

I am, too. I generally expect to be disappointed by people. It's gotten worse since the pandemic.

Yep.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Following up on the fools at Sturgis:

Heh.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Imagine risking your life to see Smash Mouth. Smash Mouth!

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

They ain't the sharpest tools in the shed.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Woman came through my line yesterday wearing a Victoria's Secret mask. Just a plain black mask with "Victoria's Secret" embossed on it.

Disappointing ... even though she was a solid 6, of course.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Wasn't see-through?

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

"Well, howzabout I call you after the pandemic?"

9. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

Alisha Morris, the theatre director at Olathe West High School in Kansas, is compiling a database of COVID-19 cases that have impacted K-12 education. If there's been a relevant news report near you, send it to her.

She includes links, so it's a potential win-win for those whose suits care overmuch about clicks.

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I have some friends in Hawaii — on the Big Island and on Kauai — who have told me about the massive, massive hit the economy has taken due to the loss of tourism (travelers to the islands have to quarantine for 14 days). "We always complained nonstop about tourists, until they stopped coming," my friend in Kona told me.

The governor had hoped to allow "pretesting" of visitors so they could avoid the quarantine when they get to Hawaii, but it looks like that will be delayed a few more months:

Governor: Surge in COVID-19 cases on Oahu could delay state’s tourism reopening plan

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

As someone who was planning on a honeymoon there next year, not encouraging

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In March, my son formally proposed to his girlfriend after a year of living together. They live in NYC. At first they hoped for a November wedding but then postponed it until next March, late March. And they have no idea if it'll take place or not.

Draft saved Draft deleted