1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adam Schefter reporting Vince Young out ~ a month

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Sep 8, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

You are a real piece of work.

I bet you didn't say anything nearly this offensive about Kerry Collins or Ryan Leaf in 1998. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. I wonder why.

2. BartonK

BartonK Active Member

So the local marketing manager is responsible for some of this? What does a local marketing manager even do? Is that part of his entourage, or some flack sent by his agent to live in Nashville and keep tabs on him?

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

naw, dog. you're right. you're always right. all of us know that by now.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Therapists are allowed to break confidentiallity if the patient is a danger to himself or others, and mentioning suicide several times and having a gun would probably qualify.

5. Overrated

Overrated Guest

So, the therapist apparently wasn't talking about Young's arm?

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You've got to be Vince Young's cousin or agent. No one else has the gall to try and defend him.

By the way, I thought Ryan Leaf sucked from the moment he put on an NFL uniform to the day the last team he played for cut him. Collins wasn't much better, but at least he matured a bit and is a capable backup.

Christ, dude, ripping bad NFL quarterbacks is almost a sport in itself. I think Vince Young's record speaks to how truely awful he is. I didn't make up the numbers. TDs-22, INTs-32, QB Rating, sub-70.

He's terrible. In five years he'll be coaching in high school. Deal with it.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Ol' Blood and Guts Hondo. Just rub some dirt on your psyche, you'll be alright.

The kid couldn't need a little time to develop into a NFL quarterback, right? He doesn't need receivers who can catch the ball and get down the field. He's a bust after two seasons because some idiot on a message board proclaims it so.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

He's going to need more than a little time. And his receivers are not that bad.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Dude, if you want to rip him for being bad, fine. I thought it was a joke when you were killing the guy two years ago when he won the offensive ROY right after winning the national title. Want to say he's not going to be an All-Pro? Fine. But you were saying he sucked when he turned around a horrible team and nearly made the playoffs.

But you're not just ripping the guy for being a bad QB. It's quite clear now that he's got a lot more problems than just being a bad QB, or a bad QB who can't handle being booed. Yet you continue to revel in the demise of a guy who may or may not end this story by putting a gun in his mouth. I bet you feel pretty good about yourself, though.

And I'm as SURE as the day is long that if another guy of...different...complexion was having the same issues--or if it was someone who once looked at you during a press conference--you'd be stone silent.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Bullshit ... there are more than enough bad white quarterbacks. I'd be glad to take shots at any of them, if it will be keeping within your affirmative action program. I already covered Leaf and Collins. Tim Couch ... Rex Grossman ... Leinart is terrible.

Good enough for you.

Get over this man-love for Vince Young. It's not very dignified.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'd trade Kyle Orton, Rex Grossman and the remains of Bob Avellini's athletic ability for Vince Young right now.

Draft saved Draft deleted